Saturday, October 2, 2010

Reflection on P-Diddy

I have to say, I have always tried to post with integrity and fairness. In commenting about P-Diddy's purchase of the expensive car I equated it with the possibility of not instilling values that are solid. That may be the case but it also may be to the contrary. I wanted to balance my previous blog with fairness because it does seem that black celebs are being slammed nowadays and I don't want to join in. Sean has accomplished a lot in his young life and I look forward to greater things from him. At this point, I want him to take a greater pivot. I would like to see what he is doing for his artists in a way that ensures their financial viability no matter how short their careers. I know that he may be doing the right things for his kids to make sure they are taken care but he has to run a ethical company or after he leaves it will be consumed by wolves. I know that we have a lot of successful black talent out there today but I am a historian and we always have blips of great success but we need organization that don't decline with the second generation. From Motown, to Essence, to Ebony we have seen declining empires with second generation families. The main dominate force in black entertain today is Oprah Winfrey who has no rightful heir. I don't know if she has looked at the Milton Hershey model, who created a foundation with his orphanage as beneficiary, but it may be a good start. I do wish you would adopt several female kids and set up a network to build strong viable and powerful women. She has the money to be like the Kennedy's and put this women in powerful political and social positions with Winfrey at the end of their names.

Peace Out
FFOTBS

No comments: